PWA Mission Statement, Scope and Priorities
The following Mission Statement and Scope and Priorities were adopted by the Board of Directors on January 14, 2020, setting forth the mission and goals that guide all the work we do.
The mission of the Palmer Woods Association (PWA) is to initiate, sustain and advance a safe, vibrant neighborhood that engages its residents to preserve and enhance the social, economic and historic integrity of Palmer Woods.
Scope and Priorities
The PWA will achieve this mission through leadership and implementation of strategies, projects and services which focus on the following priorities:
- Preservation and promotion of the historic character, legacy and contributions of Palmer Woods;
- Delivery of essential services (e.g., security, landscaping and management of common areas, snow removal);
- Welcome and engagement of new and existing neighbors;
- Civic advocacy and oversight (e.g., compliance issues, public improvement projects, municipal issues, etc.);
- Communication and branding (internal and external);
- Cultural and family activities and events for Palmer Woods residents and guests;
- Programs and activities that respond to needs and interests of neighbors;
- Engagement with community;
- Fundraising and financial stewardship;
- Other projects and services that address agreed-upon neighborhood goals and priorities, or otherwise fulfill the purposes and goals set forth in the PWA By-laws.
Our By-Laws are our governing document, setting forth the structure and purpose of our Association, eligibility for Membership and Directorship, and the roles and responsibilities of Directors. The current By-Laws were adopted as revised by the Board of Directors on June 14, 2022.
PWA Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct guides the work that we do as representatives of the Association, from Board members to volunteers, to help ensure a warm, welcoming, and respecful neighborhood culture. The current Code of Conduct was adopted by the Board of Directors on November 12, 2019.
PWA Volunteerism Policy
The Volunteerism Policy sets forth the expectation that, unless falling withing limited exceptions, the work of Palmer Woods Association and its related projects and events will be carried out by Palmer Woods residents or supporters on a volunteer basis. The current Volunteerism Policy was adopted by the Board of Directors on January 14, 2020.