For Palmer Woods residents only
Palmer Woods Association
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
All Saints Episcopal Church
3837 W. Seven Mile Road
(just down the block from Palmer Woods: between Birchcrest and Oak on the south side of Seven Mile)
7 pm: General Meeting
(only paid up Palmer Woods Association members can vote):Election of Board Members — to run for the PWA Board please see the details below.
- New Neighbor Introductions
- Financial Report
- Vacant Properties Committee Presentation
- Update on Neighborhood Events
- Traffic Calming Update
- Gateway Project Update
- Livernois Project Plan
- Update on Detroit Future Cities program
- Security Update
Tickets for Palmer Woods Music in Homes concerts will be available.
RUNNING FOR THE PWA BOARD
There are many issues facing our community and board members must be dedicated to our mission of upholding and supporting the betterment of Palmer Woods and maintaining our distinction of being one of Detroit’s premier neighborhoods. The election will be one of the first agenda items.
Would you like to be a board member?
The Board has fifteen Directors who serve staggered, three-year terms. Elections are held each year at our Annual Meeting. There are four openings this year for PWA Board Membership. Two incumbents have indicated their intent to run for another term and two vacant positions for PWA Board Membership that will need to be filled at the annual meeting.
Terms & Conditions
• Member’s dues and security must be paid in full.
• Attend regularly scheduled meetings (second Tuesday of every month with the exception of the months of July and August). Board of Directors meetings are from 7-9 p.m. and are held at members’ homes on a rotation basis.
• Conduct, manage and control the business affairs and property of the Association. This is inclusive of evaluating issues of concern of the community and recommending, establishing and implementing policy.
• Report Association information to members at the Annual Meeting, any special meeting or as reasonably requested by the members.
• Serve on at least one PWA committee.
• Periodically review and determine the cost of an Association membership.
• Serve on the Palmer Woods Association Board of Directors for at least one three-year term.
The meeting is scheduled for:
Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 7 PM
All Saints Church
3837 West Seven Mile Road (between Birchcrest and Oak Drive)